Like on Android devices, the rooting is done to get the fullest control over the device; the same process is known as jailbreaking for iOS.
This is done vastly by the users of iOS devices to gain that extra edge of control over the software and to add more extensive features to it, changing the full software inside reasonably.
There is no such method available for the users to jailbreak iOS 10.2, but now this can be done. Here in this article, we have shared a step-by-step guide on jailbreaking iOS 10.2 and installing Cydia. Let’s check out.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 and Install Cydia
For this, you will need the latest version of iTunes, Yalu102 IPA File, and a working version of Cydia Impactor.
1. First of all, take a backup of all your data on the device. Also, turn off your device’s Find My iPhone feature by going to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone. Next, you must disable the Passcode and TouchID through the settings by following the path Settings > TouchID & Passcode > Turn Passcode Off.
2. Connect your iPhone to the Computer via the USB data cable and launch the Cydia Impactor. This will show your device name inside the Cydia if it is correctly connected unless you need to establish the connection again.
3. Now Drag and Drop the Yalu102 IPA file onto Cydia Impactor and skip to the next step.
4. You will be asked to enter your Apple ID credentials. Only insert that; Impactor will start signing that IPA file and load it up on your iPhone after some time.
5. After completing the above step, you will be able to see the Yalu102 app on your iPhone home screen; we need to work through it further.
6. Go to Settings > General > Device Management, tap on the Apple ID email, and then tap on the Trust option. Go to your iPhone home screen after that and launch the Yalu102 app which you installed previously. Tap on the Go button inside that app.
7. After that, your iPhone will restart, and the Cydia will be placed on your home screen.
So, this is the easiest way to jailbreak iOS 10.2 and install Cydia. If you need more help jailbreaking your iOS, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends.