[dropcap]W[/dropcap]e all know very well that all smartphones come with a fingerprint sensor, but, it is increasingly common to find mid-range models and even entry-level models that incorporate them. This fingerprint scanner, in addition to serving to unlock the device, has many more utilities, like protecting WhatsApp chats to making mobile payments and much more.
How To Remotely Unlock Your Windows PC Via Fingerprint Scanner On Android
Although not all smartphones come with a fingerprint sensor, but, it is increasingly common to find mid-range models and even entry-level models that incorporate them. This fingerprint scanner, in addition to serving to unlock the device, has many more utilities, like protecting WhatsApp chats to making mobile payments, through keeping certain photos safe.
The application that we will show you all today is known as Remote Fingerprint Unlock, which goes a step further and allows you to remotely and safely unlock your Windows computer using the fingerprint sensor of your Android device. To do this, simply download this app and follow some simple steps that we have mentioned and explained below. So, now without wasting much time let’s get started and explore the whole tutorial.
- First of all, for the application to work perfectly, it is necessary to install the fingerprint credentials provider module on a Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 computer. And you can download it from here, but to make the app work perfectly you must have to choose the correct version of your Windows, x64 for 64-bits or x86 for 32-bits.
- Once the software was downloaded and installed, now we have to do the same with the Remote Fingerprint Unlock app from Google Play. The application is completely available for free and very intuitive. Once we install it on our device, as soon as we open it, it reminds us to install the corresponding software on the computer (in case if we have not done it yet) and activate the home screen (something that we can do from the Start menu or by pressing L + Windows key on the keyboard).
- When we set up the app for the first time, it simply asks to scan our fingerprint after that we have to do the same with the computer in the home screen (where the possibility of unlocking with Remote Fingerprint Unlock will be shown), now simply we have to open the menu of the app, now enter the option of Scan and update/refresh so that we can pair our PC, now we have to select it and Save it.
- Once the device is registered, we have to go back to the app menu and enter My Accounts> Add Account. Now we have to scan our fingerprint again, and then enter the name and password of the session we want to unlock and save it.
- Now every time we have the computer on the home screen, what we have to do is just enter the option Unlock, then choose the name of the session that we want to unlock and scan our fingerprint, that’s it now we can simply unlock the computer instantly. In this way, even if we are thousands of kilometers away, we can simply give someone access to our system without telling the password.
- That’s it now you are done.
Also Read: 10 Best Android Emulators For Retro Games
So, what do you think about this? Simply share all your views and thoughts in the comment section below. And if you liked this article then simply do not forget to share this article with your friends and family.