Let’s admit it: WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app for Android right now. It has become a popular choice for millions of users who want to communicate with others, participate in group chat, make voice/video calls, etc.
While WhatsApp has all the features that users might need, it misses out on the most important one – running two accounts on a single phone. Previously, users have relied on App Cloners to run multiple WhatsApp accounts on a single phone.
But now it looks like WhatsApp has gained the ability to run two accounts on Android logged in at the same time. A few months ago, WhatsApp introduced the ability to have two different accounts on Android logged in at the same time.
Now, the feature has been rolled out to every WhatsApp user in the world. So, if you use different WhatsApp accounts for personal and office work, continue reading the article till the end.
How to Run Multiple WhatsApp Account on the Same Phone
This article will share steps to use multiple WhatsApp accounts on the same phone without any app cloners. Let’s check out how to log into the second WhatsApp account.
To get started, you need to ensure that you have the latest version of the WhatsApp app installed on your smartphone. The feature is available only on the latest version of the WhatsApp app. Here are the steps to follow.
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone. Next, tap on the three vertical lines at the top right corner & select Settings. Or else, you can just tap on your WhatsApp profile picture at the top right.
2. On the profile screen, tap on the small drop-down arrow beside your name.
3. On the prompt that appears, tap on the Add Account.
4. On the next screen, enter the number associated with your secondary WhatsApp account.
5. On the verify phone number screen, tap on Continue.
6. Verify the phone number, type in the name, add a profile picture, and tap on Next.
That’s it! This is how you can add your second WhatsApp account on your phone. Your secondary WhatsApp account will be ready for use on the same phone as the first one.
How to Switch Between WhatsApp Accounts?
Once you add your second WhatsApp account, you should know how to switch between the two phone numbers. Here’s how to switch between WhatsApp accounts on Android.
1. Open the WhatsApp app and tap on the three dots at the top right corner. Or else, tap on your Profile picture.
2. On the next screen, tap on the drop-down beside your profile name.
3. Now select the account that you want to use.
That’s it! This is how you can switch between WhatsApp account with ease.
How to Remove the Second WhatsApp Account?
If you ever change your mind and wish to keep your second WhatsApp account separate, it’s best to remove the Second WhatsApp account by following the steps we’ve shared below. Here’s what you need to do.
1. Open the WhatsApp app and switch to the WhatsApp account you want to remove.
2. Next, tap on the profile picture. On the next screen, scroll down a bit and tap on the Account.
3. Next, tap on the Remove Account option.
4. On the Remove account screen, tap the Remove account again.
5. On the confirmation prompt, tap on Remove.
That’s it! This is how you can remove your second WhatsApp account in easy steps.
So, this guide is all about using multiple WhatsApp accounts on the same smartphone. We have also shared steps to remove the secondary WhatsApp account. If you need more help managing multiple WhatsApp accounts on the same phone, let us know in the comments below.