Do you know? Rooted Android is an open gateway for security threats. Therefore, today we are going to explore few tips to secure your Rooted Android device from the various security threats. Go through the full post to know about it.
For Android users, we are here with How To Secure Rooted Android From Security Threats. Many of you might have rooted Android devices. But do you know? Rooted Android is an open gateway for security threats towards your Android, and if security measures are not adopted, then they can harm your Android. So here we are discussing some tips that you should implement to secure your rooted Android from threats and viruses.
- 1 How To Secure Rooted Android From Security Threats
- 1.1 #1 Managing Root Access Carefully
- 1.2 #2 Manage Your App Permission
- 1.3 #3 Adding up a Firewall for Rooted Device
- 1.4 #4 Use Best Antivirus Apps For Your Android To Protect It From Viruses
- 1.5 #5 Don’t Install Unauthorized Apps After Rooting
- 1.6 #6 Using System Cleaner In Your Rooted Android
- 1.7 #7 Use Android Device Manager In Your Android
- 1.8 #8 Use App Locker(CM Locker) To Lock your personal apps
- 1.9 #9 Don’t Remove Pre-Installed Apps
- 1.10 #10 Always have a Backup
- 1.11 COMMENTS
How To Secure Rooted Android From Security Threats
The below tips are helpful and efficient, and you should implement them today to make sure that apps for your rooted Android are not affecting your device. So read out all the tips below.
#1 Managing Root Access Carefully
If you have rooted Android device, then you gained a complete administrator access. Well, administrator access can be used by apps for advanced functions, but it can also be used by malicious apps for evil things. However, SuperSU is one of the management software which pop-up everything your apps makes a request for root-level access. Therefore, make sure to look for the apps that you are giving root access.
#2 Manage Your App Permission
Use F- Secure App Permission App
Today there are millions of apps on Google Play Store that access your Android data by granted permissions while accepting the terms during the downloading process, so to manage that permissions appropriately and protect your data from being flowed out to the apps, this is the best app that we prefer to use on Android device. So you must install this app on your Android and secure it today.
You can also use Apps Ops
You can also use Apps Ops, which serves the similar feature like F-secure App Permission, F-secure is not available on Google Play store. But you can get Apps Ops from Play Store. App Ops” is a built-in application permissions manager which helps you to toggle permissions of the installed apps
#3 Adding up a Firewall for Rooted Device
Firewall is a data barrier between OS and outside network. You can put rules based on when you’re connected to LAN, WiFi network, 3G or roaming. If you have an app installed on your device which you don’t trust, you can simply block all network access to it so that no private data would be leaked.
FWall+ (Android Firewall +) is a front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall.It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks (2G/3G and Wi-Fi and while in roaming). Also, you can control traffic within LAN or while connected through VPN.
Use NoRoot Firewall
It protects your personal information from being sent to the Internet. NoRoot firewall notifies you when an app is trying to access the Internet. All you need to do is just press Allow or Deny button. NoRoot Firewall allows you to create filter rules based on IP address, hostname or domain name. You can allow or deny only specific connections of an app.
#4 Use Best Antivirus Apps For Your Android To Protect It From Viruses
Antivirus programs are helpful to keep your Android free from all the viruses that can come easily on your rooted Android because of many flaws that can develop after rooting your Android. So use the antivirus from the above link and keep your Android secure from viruses and threats.
- Check out the List Of Best Antivirus For Your Android Smartphone
Many of users root their Android device to get rid of the pre-installed apps, but these must be there on your Android device as they protect your device from another spying apps. Users tend to prefer new apps rather than an old one, So it’s always better to install authorized apps from Google Play store
#6 Using System Cleaner In Your Rooted Android
Use CM Security
This is one of the preeminent security tools or antiviruses for your Android device that implements security from all the external threats. By using this app, you can scan out all the malicious apps that you have installed on your Android device. Also, this can be handled as app lock too to protect your app from unauthorized access.
- Android 5.0 and 6.0 is supported
- Fingerprint lock password is supported on specific devices
- Snap the snooper who tried to unlock your apps
- Customized lock mode. You don’t need to unlock apps every time.
Use Clean Master
The World’s Most Trusted Android Optimizer, Speed Booster, Battery Saver and Free Anti-Virus app, and Clean Master Helps Accelerate and Clean Up your Phones. It also provides Real-time Protection With the #1 Antivirus Engine and secures your private data with the AppLock Function.
- AppLock can lock Facebook, SMS, Contacts, Gallery, or any other apps you choose.
- Battery Saver helps to analyze battery status and hibernate running apps to save power.
- Swipe gives you quick access to other apps and tools without having to go back to your home screen.
- The junk-creating behavior of millions of apps has been analyzed so that Clean Master can efficiently hone in on its targets (cache and residual files) with perfect accuracy.
- Boost your games and apps, free up memory (RAM), speed up your device and save more battery
#7 Use Android Device Manager In Your Android
You must enable Android device manager on your Android as this is the reliable choice to track your lost Android from your Google account. Also, make sure to provide the complete supremacy to this app for its excellent working.
The full guide on How to use Android Device Manager on your Android device will surely help you out in this step.
#8 Use App Locker(CM Locker) To Lock your personal apps
Very often we share our smartphone with others, at that time our privacy can be at risk, so you can use the App locker app that helps to protect your apps with a password. You can easily protect apps like Whatsapp, Messenger, Browser, and Gallery, etc.
- Boost phone speed by 100% directly from the toolbox
- Clean battery draining apps to extend battery life by 30% (generally)
- Snap phone peepers after they enter wrong passwords, catch anyone who tries to snoop on your phone
You also need to have a glimpse on 7 Best Android Security Apps You Must Have In Your Phone.
#9 Don’t Remove Pre-Installed Apps
After we root our Android device, we tend to remove pre-installed apps. Sometimes we remove some apps which are necessary to run Android device perfectly. So uninstalling the preinstalled applications without knowing what is the application about, I would suggest you never uninstall a pre-installed application.
#10 Always have a Backup
Backing up your phone is the best thing you can do for your Android smartphone. There is nothing worse than losing everything on your phone and realizing you never backed up anything. So, you just needed an app which allows you to backup your apps images and all your Android data.
Use Titanium Backup
You can backup, restore, freeze your apps + data + Market links. This includes all protected apps & system apps, plus external data on your SD card. You can do 0-click batch & scheduled backups. Backups will operate without closing any apps. You can move any app (or app data) to/from the SD card. You can browse any app’s data and even query the Market to see detailed information about the app.
- Keep multiple backups per app
- Backup/restore SMS,MMS,calls,bookmarks,Wi-Fi AP as XML
- Restore individual apps+data from non-root ADB backups!
- Restore individual apps+data from CWM backups!
- Restore individual apps+data from TWRP backups!
- Integrate system app updates into ROM
Use Super Backup & Restore
This is one of the best and fastest data backup and restore app you can have on your Android device. With Super Backup & Restore, you can backup apps, contacts, text messages, call history, bookmarks and much more.
- Backup apps to SD card
- Backup Google Play download link for installed apps
- Backup & restore app’s data(need root)
- Batch restore apps from SD card (need root)
- One tap to share APK files
So above is all about How To Secure Rooted Android From Security Threats. With this, you can easily defend your device from the internal threats that can harm your Android a lot. These threats can even damage your Android system too, so better is to stay secure with them. Hope you like the post, do share this with others too. Leave a comment if you still have any queries related this.