Here’s how you can upgrade to Windows for free in 2022. The method only works if you are using a genuine license of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
When Windows 10 was first released, Microsoft announced a free upgradation offer to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users. The offer allowed all Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. That offer ended in 2017, but it looks like a method still existed to upgrade older computers to Windows 10 for free in 2020.
You can now use the Media Creation Tool of Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. What’s more interesting is that after upgrading to Windows 10, your old license will be automatically converted into a Windows 10 digital license.
Steps to Upgrade to Windows 10 For Free in 2022
So, in this article, we have decided to share a working method to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. However, before following the method, complete the checklist given below.
- Install the latest audio, video, network, USB, graphic drivers for your computer.
- Unplug all USB devices that were connected to the computer
- Make sure to disable/uninstall the Antivirus software.
- Have a proper backup of all your essential files.
After completing all the tasks given above, follow the step-by-step guide below to upgrade Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 pc to Windows 10 for free.
1. First, visit the Windows 10 download page and click on the Download tool now button. This will download the Windows 10 media creation tool.
2. Open the Media Creation tool and click on the Accept button.
3. On the next screen, select Upgrade this PC now and click on Next.
4. Now, the Media Creation will download the files. Once done, you need to select Keep all apps and files and click on the Install button.
5. Now, wait until Windows 10 finishes the installation process.
Note: The offer only works if you are using a genuine license of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. The previous license would be converted to the digital license automatically.
So, this article is all about how to upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2022. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also.