Let’s admit it, 5G has been on the trend for the past few years. In India, users consider support for 5G connectivity even before purchasing a new smartphone.
While many regions still await 4G connectivity, 5G has been made available for beta testing. Now you also have smartphones that support 5G networks.
Now that 5G services are available in India, users have been searching for ways to enable and use 5G on their smartphones.
If you are also searching for the same, continue reading the guide. In this article, we have shared some easy steps to enable 5G on a supported smartphone. We have shared methods to enable 5G on the most popular smartphone brands. Let’s get started.
Check 5G Bands Supported on Your Phone
Before you go on and try to activate the 5G network, you first need to ensure you have a compatible device.
By compatible device, we mean the 5G compatible smartphone. There are few smartphone models available on the market that supports 5G out of the box.
Even though smartphone makers are now prioritizing 5G, few low and mid-end devices don’t have it. Even if your phone supports 5G connectivity, you still have to check what are the 5G bands that it supports.
We have already shared a detailed guide on how to check 5G bands supported on your phone. You need to go through the post to know all details.
Requirements to use 5G services
Well, the smartphone is one of many things you will need to use the 5G services. Below, we have shared all the possible things you will need to use the 5G services.
- A 5G capable smartphone.
- Make sure the phone supports the required 5G bands.
- A SIM card that supports 5G.
In India, Airtel and JIO don’t require purchasing a new sim to use the 5G services. The existing 4G SIM will be able to connect with the 5G. However, you still need to ensure your sim card is updated.
How to Enable 5G on your Device?
If your phone checks all boxes for running the 5G services, you must follow these steps to enable the 5G network. We have shared steps to enable 5G on a smartphone (brand-wise).
You need to follow these simple steps if you have a Samsung smartphone compatible with the 5G services. Here’s how to enable 5G on Samsung smartphones.
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung smartphone.
- On Settings, tap on Connections > Mobile Networks.
- Next, on the Mobile Networks > Network Mode.
- Select 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) on the Network Mode.
That’s it! Now search for available networks manually and select the 5G network provided by your SIM card.
Google Pixel Smartphones
If you have a 5G-compatible Pixel smartphone, you must follow these simple steps to enable the 5G services.
- First of all, open the Settings app on your Pixel device.
- On Settings, select Network & Internet > SIMs.
- Now select your SIM > Preferred Network Type.
- On the Preferred Network type, select 5G.
That’s it! That’s how easy it is to activate 5G services on a Pixel smartphone.
OnePlus also has many of its smartphones compatible with the 5G services. Hence, if you have a OnePlus smartphone, here are the steps to enable a 5G Network.
- First, open the Settings app on your OnePlus smartphone.
- Next, select WiFi & networks > SIM & Network.
- Select the Preferred network type and set it to 2G/3G/4G/5G (automatic).
That’s it! After making the changes, your OnePlus smartphone will be ready to connect with the 5G network.
Oppo smartphone users also need to set their phone to connect with 5G network if they have a 5G ready SIM card. Here’s what they need to do.
- Open the Settings app of Oppo Smartphone.
- On Settings, select Connection & Sharing.
- Next, tap on SIM 1 or SIM 2 (whichever it is).
- Next, select Preferred Network Type > 2G/3G/4G/5G (automatic).
That’s it! Now your Oppo smartphone will connect to the 5G network whenever available.
If you have a 5G compatible Realme Smartphone, you must follow these simple steps to enable the 5G services. Here’s what you need to do.
- First of all, open the Settings app on your Realme Smartphone.
- When the Settings app opens, tap on Connection & Sharing.
- On the Connection & Sharing, pick your SIM card.
- Next, tap on the Preferred network type > 2G/3G/4G/5G (automatic).
This will enable the 5G network type on your Realme smartphone.
A few devices from Xiaomi and Poco also support the 5G services. Here’s how to activate the 5G network on these smartphones.
- First, open the Settings app on your Smartphone.
- When the Settings app opens, tap on the SIM Card and mobile networks.
- Next, tap on the Preferred network type > Prefer 5G.
After making the changes, restart your Xiaomi or Poco smartphone.
Like every other major smartphone brand, some Vivo/iQoo smartphones also support 5G network mode. Here’s how to enable 5G on Vivo or iQoo smartphones.
- First of all, open the Settings app on your smartphone.
- When the Settings app opens, tap on SIM 1 or SIM 2.
- Next, select Mobile Network > Network Mode.
- On the Network mode, select 5G Mode.
That’s it! This is how you can activate 5G network on Vivo and iQoo smartphones.
So, this is how you can enable 5G on an Android smartphone. Once you activate the 5G, you need to head to a location where 5G services are available. Your phone will detect the 5G services and connect automatically. If this article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends.