Even though we have many Snapchat alternatives these days, Snapchat still shines brightly due to its unique photo and video filters. The app’s photo and video filters are so unique that they can transform your snaps in no time.
Snapchat also has a feature called ‘Snapchat Story’ that allows you to share short photos or videos that disappears automatically after 24 hours of sharing. A similar feature is also seen on other social networking sites and instant messaging apps such as Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube, etc.
Being a photo & video sharing app in itself, Snapchat offers you more story formats such as Snap Map, My Story, and Campus Story. You even get an option to share Private Story on Snapchat.
Steps to Make a Private Story on Snapchat App
Private Story on Snapchat is designed for privacy-conscious users who care about privacy. With this feature, a user can create a Snapchat story and share it with selected people. Once shared, Snapchat will show the story to pre-selected friends.
Hence, you read the right guide if you want to create and share a private story on Snapchat. Below, we have shared a step-by-step guide on creating a private story on Snapchat. Let’s check out.
How to Create a Private Story on Snapchat
The very first step includes creating a Private Story list on Snapchat. After creating a Private Story and adding friends, you can share a private story on Snapchat. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First of all, open the Snapchat app on your device. Next, tap on your profile picture in the top-left corner.
2. On the profile page, click on the ‘+ Private Story’ beside the My Stories.
3. You will be asked to select which of your friends can view your Private Stories. Select your friends and click on the Create Story button.
4. Now, you will be asked to rename your story. Enter a new name and tap on the Save button.
How to Manage Private Story on Snapchat
After creating a Private Story list, you can manage it later. You can add more friends to your Private Story, rename it, and add a story. Here’s how to manage Private Story on Snapchat.
1. First, open Snapchat and tap on your profile picture in the top-left corner.
2. On the profile page, scroll down, tap on the three dots beside your Private Story, and explore the options.
3. For example, if you want to post a new story, tap on the Add to Story and select the snap.
4. Similarly, tap on the Edit viewers and select more friends if you want to add more viewers.
5. To delete Private Story, tap on the Delete Story option.
That’s it! This is how you can manage your private story on Snapchat.
So, this guide is about managing your private story on Snapchat. The steps we have shared below will work on both the Android & iOS versions of the Snapchat app. If you need more help related to Private Story on Snapchat, let us know in the comments below.