Gamers may know about Discord as they use it more. Over the years, Discord has served as a great platform for gamers to connect with their friends and have free voice, video, and text chat.
If you have been an active Discord user, you may know that it’s a social network for gamers. You get to add users as friends, send them messages, make voice calls, and more.
Discord allows you to unfriend your friends like every other social networking platform. So, if you don’t want someone to be on your Discord friend list, continue reading the guide.
Things to remember before unfriending someone on Discord
There could be various reasons why you would want to unfriend someone on Discord. Maybe someone really gets on your nerves, or you don’t want to hear from someone anymore.
Yes, there could be personal reasons as well. When you unfriend someone on Discord, you won’t be able to connect with them anymore.
You can’t send them DMs, and neither they can. Another thing you should note is unfriending someone on Discord doesn’t sends any notification. This means the person you have removed from your friend list won’t know that you unfriended them.
How to Unfriend Someone on Discord on a Mobile
It’s actually very easy to unfriend someone on Discord, and you can do that both from your desktop or mobile. If you use Discord from mobile, follow these steps to unfriend someone.
1. First, open the Discord app on your Android or iOS.
2. Next, tap on the message icon in the top-left corner. This will open the Direct Messages section.
3. Now, on the right side, tap on the friend name whom you want to unfriend.
4. This will open the DM screen. Tap on the friends’ icon at the top-right corner.
5. Next, tap on the three dots at the top-right corner.
6. Next, tap on the profile name again under the Members section and select ‘Remove friend‘
That’s it! This is how you can unfriend someone on Discord.
How to Unfriend Someone on Discord for Desktop
You can also use the Discord web or the desktop app to unfriend someone. If you use Discord from the desktop, follow these steps to unfriend someone on Discord for Desktop.
- First of all, open the Discord desktop app or the web version.
- Next, switch to the Friends option. On the top, switch to ‘All‘ friends.
- Now you will find all friends you have on your Discord account.
- Tap on the three dots next to the friend’s name you want to unfriend.
- From the list of options that appears, select ‘Remove friend‘
That’s it! This is how you can unfriend someone on Discord’s desktop.
How to Mute Someone on Discord?
If you don’t want to unfriend someone, you can mute them. Discord allows you to mute your friends as well, and that’s too easily. Here’s how to mute someone on Discord.
1. First of all, open Discord on your desktop.
2. Next, under Direct Messages, right-click on the friends’ name you want to mute.
3. Next, select [email protected] and pick the time frame.
That’s it! This is how you can mute someone on Discord.
How to Know if Someone Blocked Me on Discord?
Discord doesn’t tell you if someone blocks you from their account. However, there are a few workarounds that let you check if someone blocked you on the platform.
We have already shared a detailed guide where we have discussed some best ways to know if someone blocked you on Discord. You can check out that guide to know who blocks you on Discord.
So, this guide is all about how to unfriend someone on Discord. If you need more help removing friends on Discord, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends as well.