Let;s have a look at the method to Use Onedrive to Remotely Access Files in Windows 10 that will make it easy for you to easily access any of your important document from your PC over the internet. So follow up the tutorial explained below.
Cloud Storage option is getting vastly popular among the users. The reason behind is that it is really easy to access the files through this storage anywhere, and the need for carrying up the physical storage device with you also gets knocked out. The users could access their files on the Cloud Storage through the web services, by using up the web browser on any internet active device so the tendency to loose up the files also fades away. While we are talking about the Cloud Storage then let us tell you about the OneDrive. It is one of the most popular options the users seem to choose for storing their files online on the internet. The number of great features and functions that the OneDrive provides to the users makes it easier for them to manage their whole files and data. Apart from the basic management features, the OneDrive also consists of the function through which the users could access their files stored on any other devices. The way how it happens could not be described in this article as we are here only to discuss the method through which the users could perform it up. So talking about the main motive of the article, we have written about the method through which the users could remotely access their files which are stored on the Windows 10 just through the OneDrive. If you were also struggling to find out such way inside the OneDrive then this method could help you out to configure that up. Just read up the article now to know about the method!
Things to Know Before you Carry on to the Method:
#1 Note that the Fetching Feature we are going to discuss for the OneDrive is only available for the Windows 10 and Windows 7. For the other versions of the Windows, you would not be able to perform up to this remote access function of the OneDrive.
#2 For the feature to work on, the Windows should be connected to the Internet. And there should be the Onedrive App running in that system or in that Windows. Failing to acquire these requirements, you would not be able to perform the remote access functionality by the OneDrive.
#3 The process we have written is all meant for the Windows 10 but it is all same for other compatible versions of Windows too. The only amendment you have to make is to install the OneDrive App on the Windows you wish to be accessed through the OneDrive.
Use Onedrive to Remotely Access Files in Windows 10
The Method is quite simple and easy and you just need to follow some of the simple steps that we are going to discuss right below and with that, you can easily implement this. So follow the below steps to proceed.
Steps To Use Onedrive to Remotely Access Files:
1. To start up with the process just open up the OneDrive on the Windows 10. You could easily search for the OneDrive through the Start Menu and then open it up through the results.
2. One drive Folder would open up on the screen, just start up the OneDrive desktop app and minimize it up. Now right click on the OneDrive Icon in the Taskbar and then select the “Settings” option from the pop-up list menu.
3. Navigate to the Settings tab inside the OneDrive Settings window and then select up the “Let Me use OneDrive to Fetch any of my files on this PC” checkbox. After making up the changes inside the window, save it all by clicking on the OK button.
4. Restart the App to let those changes come into action and just close the app after that!
5. Go to the Official OneDrive website and log in with your Microsoft Account by filling all your required credentials. Once you get logged into your OneDrive account you will see a new option called “PCs” on the Sidebar. To proceed with the method to remotely access the files on Windows 10 just click on this new option and follow up the further steps.
6. After you click on the new option you will be prompted with the security check. Click on the “Sign in with a Security code” button and fill the one time generated a security code to continue.
7. You will then be able to see all the drives and storage options connected to your Windows. You can download the files or stream the media from the Windows freely. You could also upload the files or the data from your Windows storage to the Onedrive storage for anytime access.
8. You can download the files or stream the media from the Windows freely. You could also upload the files or the data from your Windows storage to the Onedrive storage for anytime access.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Encryption Software For Windows
Through using the above method which we have provided, you should be able to easily access your files in Windows 10 remotely by utilizing the OneDrive. This method should help you in gaining the access for your important files placed on your Windows 10 device even if it is placed far away from your location. Just use up the way and hence grasp those amazing benefits of the Remote access of your Windows files through the OneDrive! Hope you like the guide, keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.